I've spent 17+ years covering a wide number of roles in the product world - both hardware and software as a:
- Engineering Manager/CTO - building teams as the first employee, growing teams to around 100 in size. Architecting and coding v1 of the product and beyond in-house and with agencies.
- Product Manager - working on the product/engineering interface, user interviews, synthesis and product validation.
- Founder - I've founded/co-founded several startups in the e-commerce, ed-tech, health-tech and pet-tech world.
I've worked at/consulted at/founded tech companies in Bristol, London, Berlin and Vancouver, understanding the tech ecosystems, startup scene and the unique challenges of each country and city.
I've worked with many companies in:
- eCommerce - both B2C and B2B SaaS platforms, complex integrations, point of sale and storefront work
- Archiving/compliance - mainly in the financial sector for multi petabyte problems with messaging
- Pharma/health-tech - on drug modelling, mental health applications and general health applications
- Adtech - on behavioural analytics and large scale data problems
- Prop-tech - on real-estate pricing, comparison as well as co-living
- Insurance - on analytical model development and data engineering for calculating premiums and risk
- Ed-tech - building and selling educational and assessment tools for higher education
What I've Built
- Enterprise solutions for companies, such as Flybe (online checkin, seat assignment, customer accounts) and Kingfisher (machine learning search engine replacement)
- Several eCommerce platforms with complex integrations from storefronts with ATG, Shopify to payment providers such as Datacash to B2B integrations with eBay, Amazon, Alibaba and Shopify
- SaaS platforms supporting hundreds of thousands of users (Global Relay, Brightpearl)
- Worked with big data, distributed grids and analytic problems for clothes fitting, drug modelling, search engines, GIS mapping
- Worked with ad-tech platforms of various scale and complexity
- Web applications with so many frameworks I can't possibly list them
- Mobile applications for point of sale and pet-technology with native and React Native tech